TERMS & CONDITIONS
The legal side of the Chill Passes, make sure you read and understand the Terms and Conditions before purchasing your pass. These will give you an idea of how the Chill Pass works, including use of the pass on the mountain and highlights the benefit of the pass covering use of Buddy Days and Non-Ski Day Offers.
2017 Chill Pass Terms and Conditions
The term Chill Passes refers to: All Full Season Passes, All Mid-week Passes, Anytime Passes and the 30 Day Consecutive Passes.
2017 Chill Passes will be valid for the applicant’s personal use from the date of issue until 24 October 2017 on days when lifts are operating, at Ski Areas on the 2017 Chill Pass.
Chill 5 Ski Areas include: Cheeseman, Broken River, Craigieburn Valley, Mt Olympus, Temple Basin.
Chill 11 Ski Areas include: Awakino, Broken River, Craigieburn Valley, Fox Peak, Hanmer Springs, Mt. Cheeseman, Mt Dobson, Mt Lyford, Mt Olympus, Rainbow, Temple Basin.
Chill 12 Ski Areas include: Awakino, Broken River, Craigieburn Valley, Fox Peak, Hanmer Springs, Mt. Cheeseman, Mt Dobson, Mt Lyford, Mt Olympus, Rainbow, Temple Basin, Treble Cone.
Herein, ‘the ski areas‘.
- Each ski area reserves the right to set its own terms and conditions relating to the use of its ski area and facilities.
- Each ski area is free to determine the types of facilities operated by it and the dates and times at which those facilities will operate and be available for use by Chill Pass holders. Chill Pass holders can contact CHILL for further information.
- The Chill Pass is non-transferable and is valid for the use of the applicant only.
- The Chill Pass holder is responsible for any unauthorized use of the Chill Pass, unless the Chill Pass has been reported lost or stolen. Replacement passes are $30.
- The Chill Pass price is non-refundable but in some circumstances a portion of the value of the Chill Pass may be credited to the next season if a warranty option has been purchased. The terms and conditions of the warranty option apply.
- Misconduct may result in the revocation of the Chill Pass with no refund. Any decision will be at the sole discretion of Chill in association with the relevant ski area. Misconduct includes reckless skiing or snowboarding, failure to obey all signs, closures and policies of the ski areas, failure to obey the skiers and snowboarder’s responsibility code, use of a mid-week pass during the weekend, or breach of any other term or condition expressed or implied relating to the use of the ski areas.
- Conditions of use as appear on individual ski area day tickets are fully applicable.
- You need your Chill Pass to track-in and receive your day ticket. Day tickets are available upon presentation of the Chill Pass and signing a tracking form at the relevant ski area's ticket office. A current day pass must be displayed in order to access the ski area lifts. Please keep your Chill Pass with you at all times and present upon request.
- One day's grace is available for Chill Full and Midweek Season Pass holders who have been issued with their Chill Pass, but have forgotten it that day. This is done at the ski area's discretion. They may phone Chill in the event a Chill Season Pass is not present with the pass holder upon arrival at the ticket office. Chill will confirm the pass holders details and allow the pass holder to ski under this circumstance only once. In the event this situation arises with an Anytime Pass, the pass holder will have to purchase a lift ticket from the ski area. The day's grace cannot be used on the two Treble Cone days.
- Chill in association with the ski areas may alter the terms and conditions applying to the Chill Pass at any time without notice.
- The Chill Pass remains the property of Chill at all times.
- Chill Passes can be upgraded for the difference in face value at the time of the upgrade, plus a $10 admin fee.
- The pass holder may accompany a “buddy” to a ski area using 1 buddy day on their Anytime Pass. Buddy days are part of the total days.
- Offers from ski areas for Non-Ski day options can be changed at any time.
- Non-Ski Day Offers are not transferable for cash or to another person.
- Non-Ski Day Offer cannot be used in conjunction with another offer.
- Pass holder must have the intention of using the service / facilities.
- One clip per Ski Day Lift Pass and/or Non-Ski Day Offer.
- Season Pass with no clips on the pass cannot be used for Non-Ski Day Offers.
- The two Treble Cone days on the Chill12 Season Pass can be used for Non-Ski Day Offers
- Use of Non-Ski Day Offers forfeits one day of skiing per offer taken up.
- Anyone enrolled in a full-time course of study at a New Zealand or Australian tertiary institution during the ski season (proof of full-time enrolment must be shown to obtain a student pass, student ID is not sufficient proof of full-time study).
- If you load your first semester and fall below the full time points criteria for the second semester you do not qualify for the student rates.
- Apprenticeships do not qualify for student rates.
- The onus is on you to provide us with sufficient proof of full time study. If you cannot provide sufficient proof, a student pass will not be issued and you will be required to upgrade to an adult pass at the current applicable sales period rate.
You can also check out our FAQs page.